Thursday, January 17, 2013

Thom Yorke Caught in a Hobo Bomb Blast

Thom Yorke Caught in a Hobo Bomb Blast

January 17, 2013 - Thom Yorke, lead singer of the popular band Radiohead, was astonished yesterday to find himself in front of a ticking "Hobo Bomb." The bomb, created by the U.S. Government in the 1970's, was originally produced as an experimental method to scare away potential invading forces by turning U.S. citizens into Hobos, or Hippies as they were called at the time by the U.S. Secretary of State.

Thom Yorke post H-Bomb, pictured above.

"Well, I had just left a nearby concert and was singing Electioneering when all of a sudden, I saw a kid playing with what I thought was an alarm clock." 

Little did Thom realize that what the young boy was actually playing with was a decommissioned "H-Bomb," which had slipped through the cracks of the Pentagon, only to find its way into the hands of a small child.

"No comment," stated Government officials when asked how the decommissioned bomb found its way in front of Yorke.

"So I found myself in a very Incredible Hulk-like situation, where I threw myself in front of this young kid and took my licks. Whereas Bruce Banner became a green mountain of a man, I became... well..." Thom proceeded to emphasize his now ratty clothes and nigh impossible beard. 

"And he used to look like such a nice boy," said an aging fan. "I always thought of him as something of a churlish imp or a leprechaun. Now I just can't get past that beard. My God, what will the children say?"

"I take this one day at a time," Yorke said while stating that this will not have an effect on his music going into the future. "I'm still going to do what I do, I'll just need to keep in mind that people will think that I may be asking them for change rather than play OK Computer on my xylophone for them." 

At present, the Yorke has filed no qualms against the government, stating his new appearance actually works in the rock world.


No comments:

Post a Comment